Coping With Exam Stress
Exams will have you tearing your hair out! Exam time is a very stressful time for any student. Lets discuss the effects of stress and the different ways to cope with it.
Many young people are abruptly introduced to the effects of stress during exam time. Students deal with this in a number of ways, both physically and mentally.
Symptoms of stress may include:
– Tiredness / lack of sleep
– Loss of appetite
– Headaches and stomach pains can also be stress related
There are some simple ways to reduce stress and put any negative thoughts at ease.
1. Get enough sleep – It is important to have at least eight hours sleep a night. Try to avoid late night revising as revising before you go bed is a bad idea. This will only increase stress and make it difficult to sleep.
2. Exercise – Exercise is a proven stress relief as it supports the release of endorphins into your body, which in turn boost energy levels and increases positivity.
3. Healthy eating and hydration – this cannot be stressed enough! Staying hydrated and keeping to a healthy diet is the fuel your brain needs to learn and retain knowledge from your revision.
It is also important to have someone to talk to. Remember two brains are better than one and a problem shared is a problem halved! This is where our elite student tutors at Dorkaid can help. At Dorkaid our focus is always the student, as we look to bridge the gap between tutor and tutee as recent experience and a minimal age gap allows for a rapport to be built. This rapport allows for our tutors to act more as mentors, guiding the student through their stressful exam period and helping them best prepare for their up coming exams. Our tutors will use their own knowledge and offer exam and revision tips that they used themselves, which aided them in excelling in their own exams.
Why not give Dorkaid Private Tutors a go this year! Our tutors will help relieve stress and facilitate success.